10 Signs Your Dressage Test Needs Work
by Emily Sorenson at age 13
1. Under judges remarks she writes only: "Nice braid job."
2. Horse confuses dressage arena rail for a cavaletti; exits at K
3. Your circles shape reminds the judge that he should pick up eggs
on the way home.
4. Your serpentine was perfect, except that it was supposed to be a
5. Sitting trot has caused some fillings to be loosened in lower
6. Your horse believes "free walk" means leaving the arena and
heading towards the nearest patch of grass.
7. Your working trot had you working harder than your horse.
8. In your salute your inadvertently use your whip hand causing your
horse to perform airs above the ground.
9. Your walk seems to be more "rare" than "medium".
10. Impulsion improves only after the horse sees monsters in the
decorative shrubbery near letters.
10 MORE Signs Your Dressage Test Needs Some
By Meghan Jackson at age 17
1. Your horse's response to the canter aid is
- "Can't, er, what?"
2. Your twenty meter circle involved jumping the rail twice.
3. Your halt took place in the judge's lap, instead of at X.
horse interpreted elasticity to involve trying to
kick himself in the head
with his back feet duringthe "working
5. Your horse entered the arena at A, and M, and H, and B.
6. Judge's comments include words like "unusual, dramatic,
explosive, and tragic".
7. Leg-yields involve your leg yielding before the horse does.
8. Free walk was interpreted by your
horse to involve prancing, a
rear, and a few bucks.
9. The judge asks you take the broken letters with you when you
10. Voodoo dolls of your horse were found in the possession of the
show's grounds manager.