The Truth About Breeder Lingo
what they say...and what it really means
- He pinned my horse.
2. Respected Judge - He pinned my horse twice.
3. Shown Sparingly - Only when we had the judge in
4. Show Prospect - Four legs, two eyes, a mane, and a
5. Placed in Five Shows - and 89 others where he did
6. Won in Heavy Competition
- Three horses in the
7. Lots of Pizazz - Hasn't been out of his stall for
8. Limited Showing - Owner broke.
9. Terrific Angulation - Cow and sickle
10. Personality Plus - Might wake up if you stick a
carrot up his nose.
11. Good Bite - Missed the judge, but got the
12. Excels in Movement - When she spooks, she can
pass any horse in the ring.
13. Three Good Gaits - and four or five others we
14. Handled Exclusively By - no one else can get near
15. Terrific Pedigree - Old champion Whatsisname is
twice in the fifth generation.
16. Good Broodmare - Don't dare try to show in the
17. Lots of Drive - Not Trainable.
19. Great Stallion Prospect - Will breed anything
from the neighbor's cow on up.